The Compassion Fund 


We are pleased to announce our pilot program - The Compassion Fund.


The trial will commence September 1st, 2020 and run to November 30th, 2020.


The Fund will be of benefit to both patients and practitioners. When practitioners see a patient who is in need, that cannot afford treatment, they can nominate them for consideration for assistance from The Compassion Fund to help them access care. 


Our aim is to distribute this Compassion Fund to 10 individuals during the trial period. Upon completion, we will review the successes of the Compassion Fund and work towards establishing an ongoing program. 


The mission of The Compassion Fund is to provide financial assistance for lymphedema patients who cannot afford the necessary treatments, with the goal being to allow patients to work with a professional practitioner to assess their condition and learn how to manage and care for their lymphedema. 


Things you need to know:

  • Once per year, after our specific fundraising events, funds raised will determine how much money will go into The Compassion Fund, as well as how many recipients can be granted financial assistance
  • All requests for funds are to be reviewed and voted on by the directors
  • LAO will pay $500 to CDT therapists directly. The payment will be 85% of the average rate of $115 per hour, with the remaining 15% to be paid by the patient
  • The payment of $500 for RMT CDT therapy will be 85% of the average rate of $85 to $95 per hour, with the remaining 15% to be paid by the patient
  • The application is limited to a single nominee per therapist


The Application and Consent forms can be

downloaded by clicking the respective underlined words above. 

It is important that confidential patient information is

 

by them to the below address:


Lymphedema Association of Ontario Compassion Fund

PO Box 83527 Abbey Lane,

Scarborough, Ontario

M1B 0B2


If you have more questions please contact us at the 

 Compassion Fund Email









Lymphedema Association of Ontario
Mailing Address: 262-2869 Bloor St. W., Toronto, ON M8X 1B3 Canada
1-877-723-0033 | 416-410-2250 | info@lymphontario.ca

Copyright 2020  |  Registered as Lymphovenous Association of Ontario  |  Charitable Registration # 87165 5049 RR0001  |  Disclaimer |  Privacy Policy

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software