The Lymphedema Association of Ontario (LAO) was founded by volunteers in 1996. Volunteers continue to play an important part in the LAO.
Join our team of volunteers. Help us to raise awareness about lymphedema and improve access to quality lymphedema information, resources and services. You can get involved in many ways:
The LAO is looking for volunteers with skills and expertise in administration, fundraising, marketing, communications and media outreach.
- Join the Board of Directors.
- Contribute to LAO project work.
- Support fundraising events.
- Organize your own fundraising or awareness event in your community, home or at work.
- Help at LAO educational events, such as the annual conference.
- Submit an article to possibly share with others.
You don’t need to live in Toronto to volunteer with the LAO. Many activities, projects and meetings can be done from your home with participation via teleconference and email.
If your skills and interests meet the LAO’s needs, please consider volunteering with us. To find out about becoming a volunteer, please contact us.